Repainting Paperdoll House From Cute To Chic

Wednesday, September 09, 2015


So it's been a while since my last DIY, my fingers are getting itchy....I've these super cutesy paperdoll house (*risanity - if you are reading this - i'm sure you will say it's 'childish', NOT 'cute' - did I get it right now? ;p) lying around which I've been quite unmotivated to complete it because of the "diabetic sweet" colors. So what do I do with them?


Ta-duh - I've decided to repaint them black and white. Doesn't it look so much better? This is easily achieve by using acrylic paint which is super awesome because it's waterproof. The black paint was easy but the white one need a few layers to cover the cardboard prints completely.



The only problem left is the accessories which are all cardboard - well yeah what do I expect from a $2 paperdoll house. :p So here come my Playmobil, Sylvanian Family and Re-ment accessories! I can't find a mini pillow so I've to sew one using loose fabrics and cotton. I'm not good at sewing so sorry no close up of the pillow!

I was thinking to print some mini pictures to decor the wall and photo frame but my printer has run out of ink. :(  Remember not to glue your furniture to the dollhouse so you can easily remove and reuse them for something else. I'm already thinking to reuse the scene for something else - maybe a fruit store?











You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Featured post

The Nightmare Before Christmas

I love this Tim Burton's animated movie. It was the first stop motion movie I've watched as a child and I love stop motion movies ...