Create A Nautical Bedroom

Monday, September 14, 2015


The original set for this miniature dollhouse was named "Pink Dream", and gosh it is as girly as it can gets. Miss Yoori (owner of the dollhouse) wanted the total opposite so I've created a nautical look instead, recycling materials from my accessories and some old fabrics. I've kept the pink to minimal - just the chair and rug (which i ended up hiding under the bed because Miss Yoori was freaking out..haha)

How it should looks like:
Image source - www.ebay.com

Recreated:



I've removed quite a lot of  items from the original box since it doesn't go with the nautical theme. Probably the hardest part to remake is the sofas and chair - as you can see it is not perfect :p ....This will probably be my first and last time making sofas and wired chairs. I've also simplified the Princess bed to a normal bed so there's enough wall space to display Santorini Island pictures. And as always, I don't like to implement music and lights into the dollhouse. Once they are implemented, it is quite hard to tear them apart to reuse the scene for something else.

I do have a lot of 'trash' that I can recycle for this dollhouse. From broken bracelets, earrings to old windchime. Remember to keep your old charms and accessories to reuse for your dollhouse. It took me around 1.5 days to complete this even though this is bigger than the previous Doraemon's bedroom.











You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Featured post

The Nightmare Before Christmas

I love this Tim Burton's animated movie. It was the first stop motion movie I've watched as a child and I love stop motion movies ...