Savouring Cold, Sweet Lao Ban Beancurd (老伴豆花) On A Hot Day Like This

Monday, August 31, 2015




I've been craving for Lao Ban Beancurd  (老伴豆花) for the past few weeks, finally indulging myself with these goodies in the past two days :) My favorite is the almond flavor which is slightly more expensive ($2) than the original ($1.50) but totally worth it. I love the almond aroma that linger in my mouth after each sinful bite.

Lao Ban Beancurd caused a stir back in 2010 as the first stall to sell chilled beancurd in Old Airport Road. The queue could get as long as an hour wait! Six years forward, they now have more than 10 branches all over Singapore.

The reasons why they are so successful are because of their smooth, silky texture with a top crusty tofu skin layer that taste more like crème brulee than the typical tau huay. It seriously just melt in your mouth. Netizens even try to replicate the same taste at home by experimenting with their own recipes.


And incase you are wondering, Lao Ban means 'Old Companion' (老伴), although the hanyu pinyin may sounds like 'Boss' (老板).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Featured post

The Nightmare Before Christmas

I love this Tim Burton's animated movie. It was the first stop motion movie I've watched as a child and I love stop motion movies ...