Visiting Doraemon & Nobita Through The Time Travel Drawer

Tuesday, August 25, 2015


My latest commissioned project involved a well-known Japanese robot cat - Doraemon aka 哆啦A梦/小叮当 aka ドラえもん. For those who grew up in the same era as me will know this cartoon really well. The owner, who is a big fan, has bought this DIY box set for a while to collect dust so here I am helping him to finish up. ;)

Doraemon is a robotic cat who travels back in time from the 22nd century to assist his owner's great grandfather who is currently a high school kid (Nobita Nobi) in present time. In order to go back to the 22nd century, Doraemon needs to ensure Nobita will grow up to be a hardworking, successful man so that his descendants may enjoy a better future. Doraemon travelled back in time through his time machine that is kept inside Nobita's desk drawer, it is frequently used by different characters in the cartoon to travel in times. As seen in the photos below, we have our Playmo kids joining in the fun and travelled back in times to visit Doraemon and Nobi. :)



This box set has better printed paper quality than the cafe box set. I was able to used most of the materials and rely lesser on my re-ment accessories. I really like the details on the book covers and calendar! I've replaced the dorayaki (Doraemon's favorite snack) with radish. The dorayaki materials were made of felt and looked really crappy so I've used these pair of radish earrings instead (thank you Brick Galz for the polymer clay octopus & radish).










You can watch "Stand By Me Doraemon" the movie over here if you are interested about the cartoon!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Featured post

The Nightmare Before Christmas

I love this Tim Burton's animated movie. It was the first stop motion movie I've watched as a child and I love stop motion movies ...