Pandan Chiffon Cake

Sunday, October 04, 2015



One of my favourite local cake - Pandan Cake! Pandan cake is a light, fluffy sponge/chiffon cake of Indonesian and Malaysian origins. 'Pandan' is a plant widely used in Southeast Asian cooking as flavoring. By adding the juice of the Pandan leaves, it gives the cakes a light green tone and fresh aroma. There are a few bakeries in Singapore that sell very good Pandan cakes - the favorite among many tourists is Bengawan Solo. Even though I find their Pandan cakes quite pricey, they are quite delicious. A few other options will be Prima Deli, Pure Pandan, Pine Garden, Polar Puffs & Cakes... maybe I should setup a Pandan cake tea party some time... :)






You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Featured post

The Nightmare Before Christmas

I love this Tim Burton's animated movie. It was the first stop motion movie I've watched as a child and I love stop motion movies ...